Monday, March 28, 2011

An Admission From The Crime Dog

OK, I admit it. I like American Idol. There. I said it.

Actually, I am an unabashed fan of the show. Love it. Haven't missed an episode in years. Admittedly, there have only been a couple of contestants who, after their run on Idol, I would take the trouble  to walk across the street to see perform for free. Maybe Daughtry or Crystal Bowersox, or that southern rock dude with all he hair from a few years go. I'm just not much of a pop music fan, I just love watching these kids chase their dreams and put their hearts and souls on the line every week.

But I have never, ever voted. Not one time. Zero. Nada. So I shall make a pledge:  I hereby pledge to actually pick up my phone and vote for the first contestant to ever do a Buffett song.

You hear that, contestants? Now, bring it. You, Paul Whatsyourname, with the Rod Stewart kind of vibe, sing "Trying To ReasonWith Hurricane Season" and make me proud. I'll wear out my fingers voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment